Responsible for the exchange and dissemination of scientific, educational, and research-related information.
- The MSL is in charge of planning, partnering and engaging with Thought Leaders as a subject matter expert and colleague both proactively and reactively via various innovative Thought Leaders engagements tactics and formats to provide dissemination, clarification, and education of scientific data, study protocols, meeting abstracts, and professional literature (Both proactive discussions on-label, and reactive discussions for unsolicited off-label questions in alignment with local regulations).
- Thoughts Leader’s Identification/profiling/segmentation and strategy and engagement planning: In alignment with medical strategy as stipulated in the integrated brand plan, the Medical Science Leader contributes to internal understanding of specific Thought Leader’s interests, expertise and impact in the medical community at large.
- Participation at / networking in Congresses and Conventions: The MSL uses congresses and conventions to network with Thought Leader, establish new contacts, and gather competitive intelligence.
- Coordination of Scientific Education Activities and Advisory Boards: The MSL plans and organizes scientific training, education events/sessions and advisory boards with Thought Leader within their specific therapeutic area.
- Preparing reports and tracking activities: The MSL submits timely reports of field interactions and events, as well as tracks activities against agreed-upon PMP objectives and country medical activity plans.
- Collecting Investigator-Initiated Research (IIR) ideas and facilitating IIR set-up: The MSL acts as a point of contact for investigators, facilitating the interface with investigators and appropriate company personnel responsible for approval, and communication of study progress and completion
- Interactions with Medical Societies: The MSL answers medical/scientific queries of Medical Societies with regards to company products.
- Market Access: The MSL provides assistance to Medical Advisors and Market Access and supports presentations of new information to hospital formularies and reimbursement decision-makers as required.
- Internal scientific support: The MSL serves as internal scientific expert by selective support to training activities in addition to answering scientific/medical queries by the Sales Representatives (in conjunction with/as a supporting element to Medical Advisors)
- Clinical Research Support: The MSL provides additional support (as required) to support local clinical operations personnel / Medical Advisors with respect to strategic feasibility in company-sponsored clinical development studies as well as facilitation of medical affairs interventional and observational studies.
- External scientific support, training, and education: The MSL provides additional external scientific support, training & education not covered by other primary activities.