Area Sales Manager
Adexen on-a-click is a new digital recruitment solution proposed by Adexen to its clients.
When applying, your CV will be automatically submitted to the client.
A leading Food & Beverages company is looking to recruit an experienced Area Sales Manager for its operations. The position is based in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Direct operations at several locations within the assigned region.
- Collaborate with department heads to create strategic plans aligned with company objectives and review historical operations data and reports to identify areas for improvement and innovation.
- Coordinate, motivate and assess sales executives through aggressive planning.
- Develop sales and marketing strategies to drive sales growth in the assigned area.
- Manage an efficient distribution network to improve sales performance.
- Manage the sales team for sales growth and revenue enhancement
- Conduct market research to understand competitors and market trends.
- Provide innovative ideas and suggestions to improve market presence.
- Coordinate with a zonal sales manager to enhance sales performance.
- Maintain relationship with existing customers for repeat business.
- Build a sales culture and sale centric atmosphere among the team members.
- Meet/exceed monthly quarterly and annual sales forecasts
- Maintain contacts with financial center personnel, professionals and personal contacts to build referrals.
- Provide timely feedback to the sales personnel regarding their sales performance.
- Provide training, educational workshops and challenging opportunities for enhancing career growth of employees.
- Conduct business plan review meetings with the sales team.
- Develop creative promotional strategies to attract more customers.
- Develop performance improvement plan for the sales team to meet performance goals.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Business or any relevant field of study
- Master’s degree or MBA will be an added advantage
- Previous experience in the FMCG industry will be a plus
- At least 5-7 years’ in a similar role will be appreciated
- Familiarity with databases, statistics and product lines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills; ability to multitask effectively
- Demonstrate success in exceeding sales targets using intelligent sales tactics.
- Ability to analyze team performance with meaningful results.
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
- Must be confident, assertive, results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.
Reports, Customer Relations, Sales Management, Business Development, Marketing, Business Strategy, Teamwork, Team Management, FMCG