Port Harcourt, Nigeria
Adexen on-a-click is a new digital recruitment solution proposed by Adexen to its clients.
When applying, your CV will be automatically submitted to the client.
A large indigenous FMCG company is looking for a Senior Accountant. The position is based in Port Harcourt.
- Preparing financial statements, management accounts, Finance reports and any adhoc reports.
- Accounting for Receivables and Withholding Tax credit notes as well as Accounting for Payables and other liabilities.
- Preparing and updating Annual Budget with inputs from Admin and other project departments.
- Preparing and updating Directors’ monthly Cash call to fund budget/operations.
- Reconciling the budget to actual results of operations.
- Participating in and organizing the Annual statutory audit of the company’s books of account.
- Liaising with the External Auditors in respect of the company’s annual statutory audit.
- Participating in and organizing the various Tax audits (FIRS & LIRS) of the company’s books of account.
- Liaising with the Tax Auditors in respect of the firm’s various Tax audits.
- Addressing any Audit queries raised by either External Auditor or Tax Auditors.
- Having an oversight function on payroll preparation and administration.
- Ensuring prompt remittances of (VAT, WHT, PAYE, Pension and Others)
- Ensuring that the internal controls over the company’s assets and resources are functioning and effective.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance from a recognised university
- ICAN or ACCA is a pre-requisite.
- Masters degree in Business Administration / Finance would be an added advantage
- Have knowledge of Sage software; QuickBooks, Peachtree or similars.
- 8-10 years of post-qualification experience, preferably in a similar position.
- Demonstrate high level of oral communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to manage the flow of people and business, liaise and consult with internal and external stakeholders regarding sensitive and confidential matters, and maintain effective working relationships in a high volume environment.
- Demonstrate a high level of confidentiality, tact, discretion, initiative and sound judgement
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to determine priorities, meet regular deadlines and take/follow up action
- Demonstrated ability to contribute in a professional and collaborative way to a team
- Willingness to work long hours, under time and budget pressure
- Good interpersonal skills and organizational skills
We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.
Accounting and Finance
Reports, Tax, Account Reconciliation, Accounting, Problem Solving, Finance