Coordinate the daily operations and clearing of shipment respecting interconnect procedures and lead time in order to match the scope of work. Lead the sea-freight and transport teams in areas of profitability, efficiency, and quality of service.
- Supervise all administrative activities related to the section under his responsibility, including regular operational and inspection visits to each site.
- Ensure and implement a tight follow-up with the operations and clearing team, to monitor and manage continuity in clearing and delivery of all traffic in accordance with our client’s expectations/satisfaction.
- Implement statistics and status report per clients from pre-alert till delivery.
- Ensure budget goals are achieved and operational cost controlled.
- Oversee single goods declaration and processing for both import and export shipments.
- Oversee customs examination and release of goods.
- Oversee import and export operations in the seaport
- Ensure immediate invoicing and archiving of closed files.
- Managing conflicting situations that may occur between the different sections under his responsibility in close cooperation with the Country Managing Director.
- Work closely with each section to develop and maintain a productive work team spirit by supervising, and reinforcing company rules and procedures.
- Close liaison with the commercial department to assist in addressing specific customer requirements and preparing appropriate technical solutions with associated costs in conjunction with the heavy-lift expert.
- Define, in conjunction with the Country Managing Director specific targets for each activity the company promotes.
- Ensure operational procedures are put in place, updated when necessary, understood and respected.
- Ensure QHSE is complied with within the zone of operation and that new regulations and licenses are followed.
- Develop and keep up formal and informal contacts with authorities.
- Ensure that all operational corrective/preventive or improvement actions defined during meetings with the Country Managing Director are implemented.
- Prepare reports on a regular basis and send to the Country Managing Director.