Implement procurement standards and guidelines while controlling all procurement activities for the business.
Vendor Qualification and Management:
- Manage the vendor selection and qualification process end to end, based on approved criteria.
- Implement a vendor performance management system to monitor and review vendor performance bi-annually.
- Align all vendors to the company’s approved payment plan.
- Work through vendors to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of products and services.
- Leverage relationships with approved vendors to secure the best service for the organization.
Requisitions and Procurement:
- Conduct periodic market research and maintain a price list for all consumables.
- Ensure order quantities are in line with PO terms, while jointly verifying quality with the user department.
- Analyze procurement trends to make an accurate forecast of procurement needs for the business.
- Ensure that the products and services supplied are of the highest quality.
- Follow procurement procedures, create and maintain an inventory of all incoming and current supplies.
- Maintain accurate records of purchases and pricing.
- Optimize procurement expenditures to achieve cost savings.
- Ensures the timely delivery of all requisitions to vessels or the office.
- Submit and reconcile with the Finance and Accounts Department.
- Coordinate internal monitoring and evaluation of the supply chain function.
Critical Inventory Management:
- Develop a pipeline of vendors for the supply of critical parts and spares to ensure their availability always.
- Maintain a minimum inventory level for all consumables and full stock for selected critical parts.
Contract Negotiation and Monitoring:
- Manage and monitor contract SLAs and KPIs of suppliers.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to determine procurement needs, quality, and delivery requirements.
- Supervise and ensure contract performance, including delivery, receipt, warranty, damages, and insurance of goods.
Finance and Budgeting:
- Work with other departments to increase growth revenue by maximizing profitability, improving margins, increasing cash flow and reducing cost-of-capital.
- Participate in budget planning and review meetings.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Support occupational health and safety in the workplace.
Head of Store Duties:
- Monitor stock levels and identify purchasing needs.
- Maintain receipts, records, and withdrawals of the stockroom.
- Receive, unload, and shelve supplies.
- Inspect deliveries for damage or discrepancies; report those to account for reimbursements and record keeping.