Implement procurement standards and guidelines while controlling all procurement activities for the business.
Vendor Qualification and Management
- Manage the vendor selection and qualification process end to end, based on approved criteria.
- Implement a vendor performance management system to monitor and review vendor performance bi-annually.
- Align all vendors to the company’s approved payment plan.
- Work through vendors to ensure timely and cost- effective delivery of products and services.
- Leverage relationships with approved vendors to secure the best service for the organization.
Requisitions and Procurement
- Conduct periodic market research and maintain a price list for all consumables.
- Ensure order quantities are in line with PO terms, while jointly verifying quality with the user department.
- Analyse procurement trends to make accurate forecast of procurement needs for the business.
- Ensure that the products and services supplied are of the highest quality.
- Follow procurement procedures, create and maintain inventory of all incoming and current supplies.
- Maintain accurate records of purchases and pricing.
- Optimize procurement expenditures to achieve cost savings.
- Ensures the timely delivery of all requisitions to vessels or the office.
- Submit and reconcile with the Finance and Accounts Department.
- Coordinate internal monitoring and evaluation of the supply chain function.
Critical Inventory Management
- Develop a pipeline of vendors for the supply of critical parts and spares to ensure their availability always.
- Maintain a minimum inventory level for all consumables and full stock for selected critical parts.
Contract Negotiation and Monitoring
- Manage and monitor contract SLAs and KPIs of suppliers.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to determine procurement needs, quality, and delivery requirements.
- Supervise and ensure contract performance, including delivery, receipt, warranty, damages and insurance of goods.
Finance and Budgeting
- Work with other departments to increase growth revenue by maximising profitability, improving margins, increasing cashflow and reducing cost-of-capital.
- Participate in budget planning and review meetings.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Support occupational health and safety in the workplace.
- Ensure timely food supply to the vessels in approved quality and quantity.
- Manage Food chandelling contractual agreement.