Our client is a major player in the Manufacturing industry with specialization in pharmaceutical products.
Responsible for managing all export logistics for the company to achieve agreed sales and commercial objectives within approved budgetary limits. Liaise with the necessary authority to ensure that the clearing process cargo is seamless and execute all agreed plans with 3PLs, Government agencies and other initiatives.
- Monitor the activities of suppliers and agents closely to ensure proper documentation in conformance with global trade standards.
- Understanding of other Supply Chain processes especially in a FMCG environment is an added advantage.
- Plan and schedule the exportation of materials and finished products.
- Complete documentation for exportation, shipping and custom clearance
- Plan and coordinate the international shipment of goods
- Negotiate with shippers, agents and vendors
- Keep track of invoices and prepare reports to expedite the billing process
- Ensure that shipments are in compliance with the laws and regulations governing the export industry
- Manage 3rd party logistics service providers and ensure that the costs, service level and relationship are maintained at the desired level.
- Coordinate demand to ensure physical stock availability and operational systems to meet all demands.
- Manage relationship and interface with third parties and statutory agencies.
- Optimize outbound logistics costs and ensure 3LSP comply with the company set rules as well as the legal requirements.
- Document preparation for export process and coordinate the resolution of customer complaints.
- Stock availability at the customers end with appropriate replenishment mechanism.
- Cost management and reporting.
- Manage relationship with shipping companies, custom agents and regulatory bodies.
- Liaise effectively with government agencies like NAFDAC, SON etc. to secure relevant permits and approval.
- Coordinate and ensure on time delivery at specified locations.
- Monitor logistics database and network in line with company requirements.
- Efficient evaluation of end to end cost as it affects inbound logistics.
- Managing changes in Harmonized Tariff Systems, Trade agreements & Subsidies.