To lead the manufacturing function and implement a company wide strategy to ensure that all performance KPI’s are met. To create and implement a best practice manufacturing environment that would ensure the continued improvement of the operations, by introducing systems and processes designed to provide accurate and timely reports.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the preparation of accurate operating budgets for the manufacturing department (National and Regional).
- Prepare the annual objectives of the manufacturing department.
- Review and evaluate actual operating results against annual established objectives for the department and the regions and take corrective action to improve unsatisfactory results.
- Develop short/medium term manufacturing plans to ensure the alignment of manufacturing capability with growth in sales volume.
- Provide advice, guidance, direction and authorization to carry out plans consistent with established policies and top management approval.
- Strengthen the organizational structure at plant level, particularly the engineering capability by building a solid pipeline for key technical positions.
- Develop programs to improve plant performance through equipment refurbishing or replacement plan.
- Establish and supervise the Maintenance Management System in the plants.
- Review and approve CAPEX and infrastructure projects for manufacturing. Manage the implementation of major CAPEX projects.
- Develop and implement a Quality/Environmental Plan to ensure compliance with quality assurance programs including environmental and safety requirements.
- Build an effective team based environment and motivate employees to optimize their performance by applying PMP.
- Comply with company’s set values and standards.