Responsible for the Finance operations of the companies, to include but not limited to; Financial and Working Capital Measurement, Planning, Budgeting and Controlling, Governance and Compliance, Risk Management, Business and Strategic Support, Taxes, Internal and External controls/audits and Resource Management.
He/She will also oversee HR administration.
- Assume full responsibility for all financial operations and functions within the department.
- Ensure all transactions are reviewed on a regular basis, balance sheet accounts are managed & cleared, reconciliations and controls are performed, outstanding purchase orders are followed up and irregularities and potential problems are reported.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices
- Contribute to the development and amelioration of financial systems/models
- Ensure that funds and cost centres are set up and maintained to support the unit operations and specific requirements
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors.
- Communicate, co-ordinate and manage the relevant processes to ensure all financial year-end and other administration requirements are met timeously, e.g. Prior Year Reserve calculations for all areas and distribution thereof.
- Maximize Working Capital by; Speed up and improve billing, minimize accounts receivable and DSO, minimize stock holdings and Maximize 3rd party accounts payables and DPO.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual management accounting reports
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the Regional Office; administer and review all financial plans and budgets
- Provide innovative financial advices to operational managers to improve performance, increase cash and reduce risks.
- Ensure tax, legislative and statutory requirements are met.
- Look for opportunities to minimize tax liabilities of the BU.
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
- Oversees HR activities