- Manages all the vessels charter contracts (from an operations standpoint) from on-hire to the point of off-hire.
- Ensures the strategic plan is developed and implemented for a safe, efficient marine services operation that serves the needs of internal and external clients.
- Reviews and progresses the standardized new-build strategy and provides marine input to contract concept selection.
- Continuously assessing operating environment and clients business contexts to identify.
- opportunities for new business, including innovative partnership possibilities.
- Acts as escalation point-of-contact and interface on all vessel operations matters.
- Plans budgets and schedules for fleet maintenance and ensures strict compliance.
- Controls the assigned budget and actively seek operational leverage to improve cost efficiency via creating a continuous improvement operational culture.
- Carries out monthly operational budget review, prepare variance analysis including expenditure trend and other relevant reports for management.
- Develops and maintains internal controls and policies for an effective operations system.
- Supervises the preparation of vessels for all statutory surveys (Class and Flag) including dry docks as at when due.
- Ensures strict adherence to Company’s SMS manual to safeguard shipboard quality safety and environmental standards in strict compliance to ISM and other relevant codes and procedures.
- Ensures strict compliance to PMS and other policies enunciated to maximize vessel operationability.
- Provides weekly / monthly reports as requested by management or clients.
- Prepares monthly executive summary reports on vessel operations for Executive management.
Operations: Vessel Standardization and Budget Management
- Oversees all operational activities to ensure high quality and optimised service delivery at a highly competitive rate.
- Optimises fleet capacity utilisation and standardization.
- Enforces a 100% uptime preventive vessel maintenance policy regime.
- Investigates new opportunities for deriving value from marine services competencies.
- Ensures adherence to all safety requirements and regulations.
- Oversees the implementation and execution of all safety programs including drills strict compliance to Crisis management Plan and Vessel Security Plan.
- Responsible for all revisions of quality manual QA/QC procedures including the HSE programmes and securing management’s approval.
- Makes sure that all Calibration results are documented in accordance with the QA/Project specific requirements.
- Familiarizes self with, follows and implements the latest revisions of quality manual QA/QC procedures including the HSE programmes
- Monitors and immediately rectifies non-compliance to vessel operating procedures.
- Ensures timely port turnaround, defect close outs and shipyard repair activities
- Creates an environment of continuous improvement and performance for budgets, safety, staff and customers
Operations Team Management and Development
- Supervises and ensures the efficient management of corporate assets, systems and infrastructures.
- Be a role model for all marine and base teams, demonstrate leadership behavior, set standards and inspire others to achieve the department’s objectives.
- Develops positive relationship within team and with other department heads.
- Provides and ensures execution of appropriate integration of new hires aboard vessels and within Marine Operations department.
- Directly responsible for identifying the training and development needs of Operations team and ensuring provision thereof according to established and approved training programs through HR.
- Provides on-going performance feedback and coaching to all marine Operations Department team members
- Listen effectively, assess the situation, determine relevant issues, identify solutions and gain consensus
- Establishes a structured plan for knowledge sharing and capability development in fields of expertise
- Champions the company core values to demonstrate and instill same in all employees.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives ensuring all activities are carried out in compliance with agreed quality standards and regulations.
Regulatory and Stakeholder Management
- Develop effective relationships with a range of stakeholders including clients and regulatory agencies
- Exceed customer expectations through operational excellence and to actively promote the company brand
- Provides efficient, pleasant and prompt service to clients.
- Provides daily, weekly and monthly reports as requested by the management or the client.
- Develops policies and systems, designed to achieve the mission of the Company and comply with all marine regulatory, safety and classification society requirements
- Maintains supply and equipment purchasing systems, which ensure maximum quality, least cost and high reliability.
- Monitors/oversees scheduling of marine and vessel operations work periods to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Manages uniform inventory and distribution.
- Have direct oversight of all vessel maintenance records and equipment warranties.
- Deals with non-conformities covering ship and shore based operations.