The Risk, Internal Control and Compliance Manager will partner with management in providing continual risk assessment and development comprehensive policies, procedures, compliance training, protocols, internal investigations, plans and implements enterprise risk management strategies and processes.
- Develop the enterprise risk management policy for the organization.
- Set a risk and compliance framework for the firm in line with our principles and culture.
- Proactively guide the integration of enterprise risk management with other organizational planning and management activities.
- Identify training needs for risk management and oversee development of enterprise risk competence and awareness across the organization.
- Evaluate the adequacy of the company’s internal control framework in addressing risks and accomplishing the company’s goals and objectives.
- Work with board audit, risk and compliance committee in ensuring the identification and prioritization of risks and reporting of the same.
- Monitor and report on compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Proactively identify emerging risks and report to relevant stakeholders.
- Develop risk management system and train departmental risk champions on implementation.
- Attend board audit and risk committee meetings and any other duty assigned by management.
- Analyse, on a quarterly basis, quality of loan portfolio depending on: client officer or branch, composition of LCM, type of business activities, zones or market area, change in RSM and value of collaterals, etc.
- Perform regular analysis and monitoring of credit risk and exposure and likely impact on the company on: quality of the loan portfolio, business sector analysis and market trends.
- Perform periodic market survey to identify sector base risks in the company’s target market.
- Follow-up and advise management regularly on the performance of exceptional loan files: restructured loans and top-up loans.
- Regular follow-up of bad debt management by the recovery unit and make recommendation on: management of non-accrual loans, performance of written-off loans, legal cases, management of seized items, valuation and auction exercises.
- Research and advice management on exceptional cases (potential high risk).
- Identify and liaise with department and unit heads in identifying major risk areas and propose actions in the management of such.
- Monitor the implementation of action plans to ensure risk mitigation efforts are proceeding as required.
- Test the effectiveness of cascading risk management approach to business decision making.
- Fraud Analysis, Prevention & Whistleblowing:
- Develop a proactive, independent, balanced fraud risk awareness within the company.
- Exercise direct ownership for Fraud Risk Management control across the company.
- Ensure compliance on all fraud risk reporting requirements both internal and external.
- Develop Standards for Fraud Risk Management.
- Ensure that Fraud Risk achieves an optimal balance with regard to cost, efficiency, operations and customer service.
- Act as a major stakeholder in managing whistleblowing.
- Update all Risk reporting tools to the M.D on a monthly basis.
- Develop new reporting tools in line with business need.
- Act as the company’s Compliance Officer in relating with regulatory bodies.
- Co-ordinate the writing and updating of processes, procedures and other guides relating to operations.
- Take charge of Pol_Pro_GUIDE and must ensure its regular updates in all the company’s branches.
- Work closely with IT (data base) to ensure that the update of various forms, profiles, TC Limits, etc. in Orbit are made according to procedures.
- Keep abreast with and advise management of any new development in the market by a competitor, government or that may have impact on operations.
- Keep abreast with all government legislations and policies that may affect operations and advise management on it.
- Attend Board Audit and Risk Committee meetings and any other duty assigned by Management.
Internal Control and Reporting on Mission:
- Ensure the implementation of good internal control system in all branches through a regular follow-up.
- Perform controls on client transactions in order to check correctness and consistency.
- Conduct independent control on the full compliance of policies and procedures at all stages of the credit process through desk review and field reviews with the main purpose of identifying and blocking all loopholes in the process
- Ensure the proper dissemination and implementation of new policies and procedures in the branches relating to operations.
- Be actively involved in the set-up of a new point of sales in order to ensure proper implementation of all internal control systems
- Perform control on customer feedback in branches – opening the suggestion boxes and discussing its contents.
- Ensure the implementation of all reporting tools across network and head office.