The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) reports to the Managing Director of Group and the Group Agri Group CFO, and is responsible for the company’s finance department; this includes budgeting, internal controls, business planning & strategy, investment plans, developing portfolio strategy, setting operational direction, reviewing and evaluating operating mechanisms among others
- The CFO assists the MD in accomplishing company goals.
- Be a lead Member of the Group Agribusiness Strategy Implementation Team
- Lead the structuring of the Group Agribusiness Finance & Accounts Department and Building a Competent, effective , efficient and result oriented Finance and Accounts Department with succession Planning
- Take ownership of the finance department, further develop and lead strategic planning; refine and upgrade budgeting process and internal control safeguards
- In conjunction with the MD, ensure that the business is run to its full potential and continues to grow through expansion of current business and new opportunities
- Analyse cash flow, cost controls, and expenses in order to provide insightful financial information to senior management and the board
- Implement management reporting and controls suitable to the diversity of the business
- Provide input into key decision making around investments and business proposals
- Represent the company to funding agencies, government, media, and the general public
- Have input into the day-to-day operations and long-term strategy of the business
- Lead recruitment, training, supervision, and evaluation of department staff
- Managing the working capital cycle with a clear mandate to improve the trading cycle and reduce Finance Cost.
- Forecasting the funding requirements of the Agribusiness Group (both short term and long term) and ensuring that the Business plans do not suffer due to the lack of funding.
- Evaluate Financial and Commercial Risks of the Company’s business and advise the MD and the Board of the same on a regular basis.
- Devise and implement Risk Mitigation mechanisms for both the operational and commercial sides of Business.
- Arrange Presentations and coordinate the Board Meetings of the Company.