You must be REGISTERED to apply to a job offer
Adexen is mandated by one of its clients in the financial sector to recruit Chief Information Officer. The position is based in South-West, Nigeria.
Our client is a key player in the Financial sector.
Manage the IT department, implement technological strategic solutions, ensure the effectiveness and proper operation of core systems such as the core banking software (Orbit), accounting software (SAGE), and other relevant software needed.
- Prepare annual budgets in terms of material investments and developments in relationship with other departments forecasted needs including IT staffing, hardware and software equipment, miscellaneous IT equipment, licenses fees and any other relevant IT related expense.
Management and production activities:
- Maintain institution's effectiveness and efficiency by supporting the group’s strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees to develop themselves professionally.
- Accomplish information technology staff results by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, appraise job results, coach, counsel, and discipline employees.
- Coordinate, and enforce systems, policies, and procedures, in compliance with the group’s policies and standards.
- Manage purchase and installation of hardware (computers, network, printers, and software), their maintenance and renewal in all the company’s premises including branches or outlets, in compliance with the group’s policies and standards.
- Manage a team to ensure that the core banking software, the accounting software, and all the related packages required for connectivity, security and office work are in place, functional and that problem in relation with any such software is dealt with in an efficient manner.
- Ensure completion of periodic processes (e.g. nightly process), backup and archive of data. Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Ensure the security of computer network (data confidentiality, protection against outside threats and intrusions) through adapted and updated software packages (antivirus, firewall etc.), and interacts with Logistics Department to ensure the physical protection of the equipment (power supply, protection against fire, flood, robbery etc.)
- Administer the users’ profiles and users of the core banking system and of the accounting software, including all different environments (live, training, test, etc.)
- Maintain the communication infrastructure of the company.
- Ensure a timely delivery of data to users for the different reporting operations (accounting and on the activity) and designs if needed the relevant reports to be obtained from the banking software and/or accounting software.
- Follow group IT policies and standards, write and update IT procedures and ensure their application, propose and develop updates in existing policies according to needs of the company with constant view to improve capacities of the department to deliver as per needs and in terms of security of systems.
- Perform regular and unexpected controls on security matters (existence of back-up, effective storage, authorization level in the systems, updates of protection software such as antivirus, firewall etc.)
- Manage the staff performance, set departmental objectives; link those objectives to staff performance; monitor and appraise staff performances.
- Assist internal and external auditors in the completion of their duties.
- Bachelors’ degree in computer science or I.C.T related discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years cognate experience.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Train and coaching skills, as well as managerial skills.
- Ability to provide extensive and high quality documentation.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to provide results and solutions to ensure highest quality in the maintenance of computing equipment and development of software.