You must be REGISTERED to apply to a job offer
Adexen has been mandated to recruit a Health and Safety Director for its clients in the manufacturing sector for their operations in Nigeria.
Our client is a leading manufacturing company with a global presence.
Coordinate Health and Safety network for the company. Support the development of Health and Safety mindset addressing three major areas; site conditions, procedures and behavior. Lead safety and promote best practices. Improve safety results through cultural transformation.
Foster the implementation of the Group Health & Safety roadmap in all the business units of the company:
- Provide assistance, coaching and support to the business units for the elaboration and sharing of Health & Safety Policies, standards and procedures aligned with the company’s requirements.
- Coordinate and facilitate implementation in all locations of the company.
- Assess compliance through recurrent safety audits.
- Participate in the evaluation of technical skills and competences of the Health & Safety network in addition to participating in recruitment processes.
Activate Health & Safety improvements throughout the company:
- Help and challenge the company in defining their health and safety annual plan.
- Validate and challenge root cause analysis and action plans for major accidents or near misses and ensure follow up of action plans.
- Facilitate experience sharing and convergence in Health & Safety.
- Benchmark company’s best practices nationwide while respecting local preferences and priorities but ensuring company level improvements.
- Elaborate periodic follow ups of Health & Safety results through the country, analyzing trends, actions and network effectiveness.
- Implement Health & Safety programs defined by the company in all locations and give needed support.
- Work with Health & Safety network to propose safety actions and programs to address the company’s business need.
- Consolidation all levels of the company’s performance indicators.
Ensure Health & Safety is one of the company’s core values:
- Coach and challenge the Executive Council and plant managers on safety, leadership and performance.
- Raise the profile of the company’s safety initiative.
- In line with the company policy, develop training programs for leaders and attract talent in Health & Safety positions.
- Develop close communication within and across business units.
- Coach and assist the Health & Safety network in the company and act as liaison within the Region.
- Minimum of Bachelor degree.
- MBA, M.Sc or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10-15 years HSE experience of which 5 years must be at a senior management level.
- Professional membership or registration in Nigerian Institute of Safety Professionals (NISP)
- NEBOSH/OSHA certificate etc.
- Knowledge in corporate HSE management, operations, safety audits, management information systems.
- Budget planning & preparation.
- Project management expertise and strategic planning & development
- Ability to deliver results.
- Have professional confidence.
- Must be a strategic thinker.