You must be REGISTERED to apply to a job offer
Adexen has been mandated by one of its clients in the pharmaceutical industry to recruit Medical Sales Representatives for their operations in Lagos, Nigeria.
Our client is a major player in the Manufacturing industry with specialisation in pharmaceutical products.
The incumbent will act as the key link between the company and healthcare professionals with the aim to meet sales targets in a fast-paced business environment. The goal is to increase the visibility and awareness of the company’s pharmaceutical and medical products to maximize sales growth.
- Liaise with and persuade targeted general practitioners, specialists, pharmacists and other health care professionals to prescribe company products utilizing effective selling skills and performing cost-benefit analysis
- Assess clients’ needs and present suitable promoted products.
- Provide product information and deliver product samples
- Describe the risks and benefits of specific drugs and respond to detailed technical questions.
- Schedule appointments, file sales and expense reports, plan and give presentations, and manage customer information databases.
- Serve customers by selling pharmaceutical products and meeting customer needs.
- Service existing accounts, obtains orders, and establish new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Adjust content of sales presentations by studying the type of sales outlet or trade factor.
- Focus sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of dealers.
- Submit orders by referring to price lists and product literature.
- Keep management informed by submitting activity and result reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Recommend changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Provide historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- A degree in Marketing or a Pharmaceutical field.
- Proven work experience as a pharmaceutical rep or in medical sales
- Familiarity with databases, statistics, product lines and latest medical issues
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent negotiation, verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Must be confident, assertive, results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment