You must be REGISTERED to apply to a job offer
Adexen Recruitment is mandated by a leading FMCG Company to recruit a Purchasing Manager. The position is based in Lagos.
Our Client is an international FMCG group.
The Purchasing Manager will be responsible for providing overall supervision and coordination of all purchases of goods and services in accordance with laid down company procedures.
- Responsible for sourcing and procurement activities, including developing sourcing strategies for different categories, establishing/prioritizing activities to achieve objectives and results.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of all internal/external factors influencing the total cost of ownership for an assigned category/services that results in continuous annual reductions in cost and improvements in outcomes.
- Negotiation/finalization/respect of SLA agreements.
- Proper implementation of the Purchasing Policy and identify/screen/appoint certified local & overseas suppliers; including respect/optimization of annual set procurement budgets.
- Manage and develop a strong procurement team.
- Monitor and co-ordinate with suppliers and the relevant Agencies on orders till they are received into stock.
- Handle all non-conforming purchases and as well provide weekly reports on orders update to user Departments
- Ensure processing of VAT exemption on goods and services procured by the company
- Ensure all service providers deliver quality service at all times
- Provide training and other support to subordinates for efficient discharge of their duties
- Ensure necessary level of competency for direct reports and ensure that purchasing organization & processes are fully aligned with evolution of the business in light of rapid.
- BSc in Business/Pharma/Science or related
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in similar position from a multinational Pharmaceutical or FMCG company
- Experience in MRP planning & cost accounting is a must
- Experience in sourcing raw materials
- Strong analytical and database management skills
- Organization, planning, and tactical execution abilities
- Must be a computer literate
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to coordinate and monitor activities of subordinates and service providers
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Change: ability to work effectively in a fast-moving environment
- Analytical: problem analysis, evaluation and presentation of recommended options/solutions.
- Multitasking capabilities with strong ability to plan, prioritize and manage multiple projects under strict timelines.