Admin and Legal Services ManagerJob reference n°: NGA0911
Sector: Industry - Nigeria - Western Africa
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by an international industrial Group to recruit an Admin/ Legal Services Manager for its operations in Nigeria.
The Admin / Legal Services Manager will be responsible for ensuring a robust pragmatic and proactive legal service exists across the organization, ensuring protection of its interests. He / She is also to ensure compliance with appropriate statutory and regulatory provisions guiding the organizations operations. In addition, will oversee the administrative operations of the business
The Admin / Legal Services Manager will report to the Executive Director.
- To secure legal compliance for the company in all aspects of its business operations by ensuring that best practices are adopted, guidelines are complied with, and that the activities of the company complies with the company’s Business Principles, legal policies, all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- To act as legal business partner to the management team and functional teams with responsibility for delivering timely, competent and efficient legal services.
- To provide legal counsel and advice to the Business in an integrated service, to pro-actively scan for legal risks in order to identify, avoid, mitigate or manage them and to be responsive to legal trends that may affect the business.
- Participate in the negotiation, drafting/review and approval of all material contracts.
- Ensure that all key company contracts are legally compliant and the company’s interests are adequately safeguarded.
- Provide advisory services on issues that relate to the legal and regulatory framework and liaise with relevant regulatory bodies as required
- Ensure that contracts are properly documented, executed and recorded for safekeeping.
- Proactively ensure compliance in all areas of laws and regulations affecting the company’s business operations.
- Monitor changes to law and promptly inform all relevant Teams of the changes and provide suggestions on how to meet any change in the legal requirements.
- Ensure that all permits, licenses and the like are valid and that conditions are complied with.
- Be actively involved in potential litigation and ensure that the company’s interest is protected.
- Liaise with external counsel(s) on behalf of the company as required and manage the relationship efficiently.
- Advise and assist management as appropriate in negotiations with third parties and in concluding settlements.
- Maintain good relationships with government authorities and agencies that are relevant to the company’s business interests and which are within the remit of the legal department.
- Manage legal implications of consumer complaints.
- Provide administrative support to the organization as a whole.
Qualifications et experience
- Must have an LL.B, B.L & LL.M in Law
- Minimum of 10 years post call experience, with a blend of practice and industry exposure
- In-depth knowledge of international and local business and commercial law is required
- Excellent Administrative Management Experience
- Prior involvement in big ticket and complex transactions is highly desired
- Ability to co-ordinate transactional work.
- Very strong negotiation and influencing skills and a rich network of relationship
- Good team player having ability to work as a business Partner
- Political savvy, maturity and tact, including the ability to relate with various interest group in the society
- Business mindset in tackling issues
- Excellent communications (oral & written), negotiation and analytical skills
What is on offer
If your experience, personal characteristics and qualifications meet the position specifications and your personal objectives are to seek such a challenge, then we would like to hear from you with details of your current earnings, up to date CV and explanation as to why your achievements to date fit you for consideration.