General ManagerJob reference n°: NGA0769
Sector: Maritime - Nigeria - Western Africa
Adexen Recruitment Agency is looking to recruit a General Manager for a leading provider of marine services to the Oil & Gas terminal industries for its operations in Nigeria.
The General Manager has a global role all over the activities of the company. He will manage and develop sales, logistics , financial and operational activities.
- Analyze and monitor operational data to ensure potential problems are averted
- Analyze logistics data reports to identify and actualize cost savings and opportunities for all segments
- Review and analyze expenditure, financial and operations reports to determine the need for increase in fares tariffs, lead the expansion of existing schedules, expansion of routes
- Prepares budgets
- Provides adequate reporting on regular basis to the group
- Guide the sales team in driving successful businesses for Import and Export of shipment
- Sell projects to new and existing clients, clarifying the scope of projects with clients, identifying business solutions and negotiating billing arrangements.
- Ensure approved business contracts are executed by taking responsibility for the completion of all Operations
- Identify future project needs of clients and ensuring clients’ expectations are met.
- Continually develop new business by identifying and meeting target clients, networking, and selling all service lines.
- Coordinate general feedback to customers and sales team on the status of the shipments
- Supervise the documentation department and coordinate custom clearance procedures to ensure prompt delivery and ensure that client trade compliance policy is followed strictly
- Supervise operations department
- Implement and maintain a high security standard.
- Interacts with Customs
Qualifications et experience
- Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) with an MBA
- Minimum of 10 years experience in related industry
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills is essential as you will be required to analyse operational data to help improve efficiencies and to also predict operational problems.
- Must be familiar with current computer programs used within the industry
- Leadership and management skills are essential
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Multi-Tasking Management.
- Strong target orientation
- Dynamic, entrepreneurial and creative.
- Must be able to work effectively under pressure, resilient and tenacious
What is on offer
If your experience, personal characteristics and qualifications meet the position specifications and your personal objectives are to seek such a challenge, then we would like to hear from you with details of your current earnings, up to date CV and explanation as to why your achievements to date fit you for consideration.