Subsea ManagerJob reference n°: AGO0927
Sector: Oil&Gas, Energy, Mining & Utilities - Angola - Southern Africa
Adexen HR and Recruitment Services is seeking to recruit a Subsea Manager for Angola. Our client is a leading oil and gas multinational company, providing well management and specialised services in the industry.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Subsea Manager is responsible for managing the operations for the subsea product line deployed from Angola. He is to ensure operations are conducted safely, as per standard operating procedures, QHSE procedures and in line with fiscal guidelines. In conjunction with individual Operations Supervisors, he will monitor and report on levels of client satisfaction and implement rectification strategies and plans where necessary. In conjunction with the Base Supervisor, he will monitor, maintain and utilize all assigned Subsea equipment in a job ready state that maximizes quality service to customers.
- Ensuring all subsea operational and support staff work in a safe, responsible and cost efficient manner, in full compliance with all company operational, financial, safety and quality guidelines.
- Maintaining close contact with Base Supervisor and Country Manager, providing resource and technical support.
- Interviewing/recruiting subsea operations and support staff. Training, developing and maintaining an effective and competent workforce capable of meeting region business objectives.
- Ensuring that employees, contractors and visitors are aware of relevant QHSE policies and procedures while maintaining active participation with QHSE Management in delivering QHSE objectives as part of the region's HSE, Quality and Competence.
- Ensuring all incidents are properly recorded and reported and that an investigation is carried out to establish and rectify root causes.
- Participating and attending regular meetings to discuss operational and base issues.
- Ensuring that a reporting system is used and maintained at all times.
Qualifications et experience
- Mechanical engineering degree or technical training equivalent from a recognised university.
- Minimum 7 – 10 years experience in deep-water subsea well construction and operations
- Knowledge in O&G equipment, hydraulics, calibration and pneumatics
- CAD systems and hydraulic schematic drawing knowledge.
- A current HUET Certificate is an added advantage
- Strong problem solving and forecasting skills
- Attention to detail and pride in work
- Must be good in verbal and written communication
- Ability to maintain and hold close tolerances.
What is on offer
If your experience, personal characteristics and qualifications meet the position specifications and your personal objectives are to seek such a challenge, then we would like to hear from you with details of your current earnings, up to date CV and explanation as to why your achievements to date fit you for consideration.