You must be REGISTERED to apply to a job offer
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by an Oil & Gas engineering company to recruit an experienced Offshore Maintenance Mechanical Supervisor for its operations. Offshore position on FPSO, with rotation status.
Our client is a leading international engineering Group, which provides integrating solutions & technological services for oil & gas companies.
- The Offshore Maintenance Mechanical Supervisor will be responsible for maintenance operations within his field of competence.
- He ensures that maintenance operations under his responsibility are carried out in strict accordance with Company’s current safety rules and operating procedures and in accordance with standard industry practice.
- He guarantees a good level of availability of the equipment he is maintained for on production sites
- He plays a predominant role in the transfer of skills to personnel undergoing training and development by mentoring on site.
- He will be reporting to the Contractor’s site representative.
- Organizes on site the maintenance operations which are placed under his responsibility
- Assists the planning engineer with the resourcing and suitable planning input to ensure a quality preparation and execution of all maintenance woks
- With his teams assists specialists working under Specific Maintenance Contracts (SMC)
- Ensures that the COMPANY’s HSE regulations are respected (especially procedures related to Work Permits), as well as approved operating procedures and standard industry practice during performance of maintenance operations placed under his responsibility,
- Manages interventions using the CMMS and work packs provided by the planning team
- Reviews all intervention reports in the CMMS (including those concerning SMC) and writes the technical reports related to his field,
- Monitors (an in certain plant – operates) the functioning of utilities and all equipment placed under his responsibility
- Takes part in daily, weekly and coordination meeting on Site
- Ensures that the transfer of knowledge by mentoring occurs properly within his teams and actively participates in this himself, leading others by his example
- Manages and coaches/mentors the team of technicians directly under his responsibility
- Is a member of the Site emergency team
- Carries out, at Contractor’s site representative’s request, any intervention within his field of competence. Takes in charge the systems under his responsibility in case of breakdown until correct operation is resumed
- Identifies, in the preparatory stage of maintenance works, and delicate operations and ensures that proper studies of the risks involved are carried out beforehand
- Identifies recurrent corrective maintenance interventions, analyses them and suggests improvements, keep a critical eye on current preventive maintenance programs and, if need be, suggests improvements
- Warns support and planning teams of any recurring problems related to the availability or quality of spare parts
- Keeps track of any backlog of work in his area of responsibility
- Verifies the quality of his teams’ interventions by frequent on-site checks and final checks prior to hand-back of large, critical or high integrity equipment to production after maintenance activity
- Ensures that the members of his teams have the qualifications and skills required for the tasks entrusted to them and, if need be, suggest corrective measures.
- Higher National Diploma or Certificate (HND/HNC (A-levels + 3 years’ study)
- 10 to 15 years’ experience in the field of maintenance on Oil & Gas production installations
- Offshore experience
- Specific professional knowledge: CMIMS : SAP/R3 experience and know-how
- Technical Experience : Aero Derivative Gas Generators (Rolls Royce RB21 preferably), compressors, firewater pumps, HP Barrel pumps, submersible water pumps, process and utilities valves, diesel generators...
- Ability to lead and motivate multi-national teams. Pride in his work, ability to maintain good relations with colleagues and others,
- Must be rigorous and methodical in his approach to operations, show common sense and be able to anticipate and analyze issues.
- A natural, flexible authority is essential.
- Offshore position on FPSO
- Rotation status