You must be REGISTERED to apply to a job offer
Adexen is mandated by an international Bank to recruit an Expatriate Senior Manager Trade Finance and Institutional Banking for its operations. The position is based in Europe.
Our client is an international bank with key interests in Africa.
- To plan, direct and develop profitable business relations with African Financial Institutions (FIs), and Eurozone confirming banks active in the Africa-Europe trade corridor under risk participation agreements, with particular focus on Francophone Africa.
- Be a significant contributor to revenue growth & profitability targets set annually within the risk appetite framework of the Group.
- Marketing and Deal Origination: Position the Bank as a reference banker for Trade Finance solutions in the Eurozone market place & Africa (core geographies: Francophone Africa + Africa). Promote sustainable FI client relationships and identify/target prospect exporters and traders with recurrent export flows to Francophone Africa. Develop bankable value proposition to clients in support of new business, in close coordination with Group Africa network.
- Relationship Management: Effectively manage and deepen existing FI relationships ensuring adequate delivery of Group’s transaction banking services (lending, treasury, payments, deposits, trade finance). Develop new prospect relationships in Francophone Africa. Liaise with other product groups or business units within other Group Africa operations to ensure cross-selling of their specialized services. Prior knowledge and access to decision makers in the trade and commodity value chain desired.
- Full Service Delivery: "End to end" oversight in the origination, pricing, structuring, internal approvals and execution of trade & structured commodity finance transactions. Lead negotiation of terms with clients and internal stakeholders, including credit applications/extensions and deal presentations to senior management. Take full responsibility and accountability for transactions introduced to the Bank.
- Performance/Reporting: Assess portfolio and individual client performance against pre-set objectives. Ensure adequate reporting on new business and portfolio client performance.
- Risk management: In conjunction with the Risk Division of the Group, monitor credit facilities (activity & exposures) and overall counterparty risk positions (performance, payment, political). Identify and assess risk events and trends which may impact the Trade Finance portfolio. Structure and recommend adequate risk mitigation.
- Compliance: Contain compliance risk through adequate Due Diligence and monitoring of KYC/KYB, AML and ABC risks, in relation with the Group Compliance teams. Contribute to a strict compliance conduct culture in line with internal policies and prudential regulations.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Degree: MBA or equivalent qualification in Finance, Banking or Management Studies.
- Experience: At least 10 to 12 years of trade finance and institutional banking experience, of which at least 5 years in a senior business development function with evidence of prior client relationship management responsibilities and deal sheet in the Africa region.
- Markets: Proven working experience with African FIs and traders/exporters operating in the Europe-Africa trade corridor, notably Francophone Africa. Prior exposure to Middle-East and Asian traders and FIs active in the Africa region a plus.
- Products: Strong technical background and experience in structuring and implementing Trade Finance instruments (export/import, back to back, transferable, standby LCs), collections, guarantees, bill discounting, trade secondary participations and associated trade finance products.
- Client Relationship Management: Seasoned business developer with an active network of African issuing bank clients and corporate contacts across Africa. Knowledge of and access to Eurozone exporters and traders active in Africa desired.
- Accountability: Evidence of prior P&L and Risk/Results responsibility
- Other Skills and Behaviors:
- A highly skilled business developer demonstrating energy, inspiration and passion for clients;
- Driven individual capable of developing adequate client solutions and leading transactions to closing; ability to interact effectively with CEO or CFO level counterparts in client organizations.
- Team player willing to share product/sector/country expertise across the organization in support of Knowledge Management and effective client solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds.
- Willingness to travel extensively in Europe and the Africa region.
- Committed to the highest ethical standards and abiding by Conduct Rules (see Appendix).
- Languages: Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French