You must be REGISTERED to apply to a job offer
Adexen has been mandated by a multinational company in the FMCG industry, a world leader in wines and spirit to recruit a Demand Planning Manager for its operations in Nigeria
Our Client is a multinational firm, the world leader in wines and spirit delivering on leading premium brands in the industry.
- Demand forecast planning done in conjunction with sales budgets
- Replenishment and Shipment forecasts done in conjunction with demand forecasts and sales budgets to ensure sufficient stock levels
- Forecast plans to be approved by the Demand Planning and Procurement Manager
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales, Marketing and Finance to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used in demand forecasts
- Lead and take complete ownership of S&OP with all relevant stakeholders – present monthly analysis and updates on the past month
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
- Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function – i.e. clear phasing of demand plan by SKU
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions – these are meetings held outside of the S&OP meetings
- Prepare, report, and communicate forecast and inventory measurements to management (forecast accuracy, inventory plan vs. targets).
- Challenges demand assumptions (e.g., sales and long term inventories) and propose / refines the plan
- Participates in key decision making ( e.g., sales and operations planning ) in order to integrate planning and operational constraints (financial, service, time)
- Drives performance KPIs (product availability) and adapts plans to meet targets
- Models and articulates operational capacity
- Proposes and makes decisions on capital investments based on the long term plan
- Improve processes, methods systems planning optimization
- Defines target KPIs to ensure improved business planning capability
- Develop, use, and maintain Demand Planning software as the primary forecasting system tool (Trust project to implement “Infor system”).
- Implementation and utilization of demand management software (Infor – trust project) that is used to house the critical information, and is integrated with the ERP system as well as the Sales & Operations Planning platform
- Refined systems and methods to continually improve forecasts so that the company can better anticipate customer needs.
- Initiates and leads the development of short and long-term supply plans to balance the demand forecast with cost, efficiency and capacity constraints.
- Draft the plan from which replenishment is to be executed this is to be reviewed by manager and actioned accordingly
- Planning delivery timetables – for both Inbound stock and IBT’s
- Manage inventory levels and targets (by set parameters such as ABC, DIC and safety stock), to ensure demand plan is achieved
- Proactively report SKU availability issues – at both warehouse and brand owner level
- Coordinates cross functional resolution of day to day issues related to supply and demand discrepancies, ensures effective "lesson learned" documentation – eg OOS situations
- Create/define metrics to monitor BO performance (KPI’s)
- Manage cross-functional monthly meetings with BO’s + local production team – discuss forecasts, planned ordering cycle and BO performance.
- Complete special projects and assignments as requested
- Degree in Supply Chain Management or similar
- 5 years’ experience in import/exports in the liquor industry
- Experience in demand/replenishment forecast planning/forecast tools and ERP systems (eg SAP, JDE)
- Risk Management, Operational Performance Optimisation, Operations Planning Optimisation
- Production and Process Management, Logistics Optimisation, Procurement, Creativity and Innovation, Business & Financial Acumen, Customer Service & Quality Orientation, Project and Change Management
- Problem Solving, Commercial Awareness, Leading and Developing Others,
- Teamwork, Influencing Skills, Building and Maintaining Collaborative Relationships, Strategic Planning, Adaptability.