You must be REGISTERED to apply to a job offer
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated to recruit a Civil Engineer for their project operations in Ghana.
Our client is a leading Engineering Construction company.
The Site Civil Engineer will be responsible for planning and executing architectural, structural and civil designs for all buildings, concrete structures and infrastructures according to Company standards and specifications. He will perform engineering duties in planning, designing, and overseeing construction and maintenance of these structures. He will report to the Project Manager and will be based in Accra.
The responsibilities for this office shall include but is not limited to the following:
- Inspect project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications and safety or sanitation standards.
- Estimate quantities and cost of materials, equipment, or labour to determine project feasibility
- Coordinate construction, operations, and maintenance activities at project site.
- Compute load and grade requirements, water flow rates, and material stress factors to determine design specifications
- Plan and design transportation or hydraulic systems and structures, following construction and government standards, using design software and drawing tools
- Analysis of survey reports, maps, drawings, blue prints, aerial photography, and other topographical or geological data
- Providing technical advice regarding design, construction, or programme modifications and structural repairs
- Test soils and materials to determine the adequacy and strength of foundations, concrete, asphalt, or steel
- Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, and other topographical or geologic data to plan projects.
- Compute load and grade requirements, water flow rates, and material stress factors to determine design specifications.
- Direct or participate in surveying to lay out installations and establish reference points, grades, and elevations to guide construction.
- Minimum of B.Eng or HND in Civil Engineering
- Must have a minimum of 7 years experience in a similar function and industry.
- Possession of COREN certificate will be an advantage
- Must be computer literate with the ability to use relevant engineering software like AUTOCAD
- Must have the ability to review and interpret construction drawings and specifications
- Good planning, execution and management skills with strong ability to perform under pressure
- Ability to work effectively in teams
- Must possess good communication skills
- Strong commitment to Safety, Quality, and efficiency