You must be REGISTERED to apply to a job offer
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated to recruit a Chief Accountant. The position is based in Accra, Ghana.
Our client is a leading international Oil & Gas Company
The Chief Accountant will take full responsibility and ownership for the full financial, accounting management. He will be responsible for managing the accounting team. He will be required to improve the company’s accounting structure and ensure that reporting standards are met. He will provide effective financial leadership for the local operations of the company to grow value responsibility in a profitable and sustainable manner.
- Provide and/or oversee day to day financial and accounting services and management within the establish guidelines;
- Well versed in Cost & Budget, Finance, and Accounting & Audit;
- Handling Taxation matters & other legal matters finalisation of accounts & Audit;
- Overall responsibility for the day to day finances of the company;
- Responsible for Financial record keeping, managing Payroll;
- Prepare and manage project accounts and prepare client invoices;
- Prepare, develop and analyse management accounting information;
- Producing weekly, monthly, quarterly management reports;
- Preparation of cash flow statements, income and expenditure accounts;
- He will be responsible for overseeing the Bank’s Finance function. This includes responsibility for the integrity of the Bank’s Accounts, including preparation of both quarterly and annual published accounts;
- Ensure the accuracy, completeness, integrity and reliability of all financial information and meeting the deadlines;
- Ensure appropriate financial risk, accounting and auditing policies and procedures of the company;
- In charge of relationship with Auditors, Banks, accounting representative and other actors;
- Must possess, Degree in Accountancy with professional qualification.
- Proven work experience, domain knowledge and expertise in accounting and financial management with minimum 4 years of experience in which 1 year should be in a similar position
- Must be computer literate and versatile in the use of accounting packages.
- Sound knowledge of Financial Accounting
- Good inter-personal relationship skill
- Excellent in problem solving, analytical and administrative skills
- Ability to work in multicultural environment and under pressure