You must be REGISTERED to apply to a job offer
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated to recruit an experienced HSE Manager. The position is based in Luanda, Angola.
Our client is a leading international company in the Oil & Gas sector.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Monitor and ensure compliance with Company statutory health, safety & environmental rules & regulations.
- Advise and assist personnel with regard of health, safety & environmental management matters for all field of activity performed on site.
- Liaise with the client, enforcement agencies and other third parties as required.
- Ensure that the management key personnel is aware of all health, safety & environmental issues and appropriate corrective actions, preventive actions are implemented.
- Carry out HSE induction training for all new personnel engaged and maintain records relating thereto accordingly.
- Assist with the presentation of daily/weekly safety talks, including researching suitable topics, preparing presentation notes and assisting with the presentation of subject matter.
- Schedule and chair monthly HSE committee meetings and maintain records / minutes of meetings related thereto accordingly.
- Promote health, safety and environmental compliance and awareness through regular campaigns and initiatives.
- Ensure all accidents and incidents are recorded, reported and investigated as required and that corrective action is implemented accordingly.
- Prepare and maintain required HSE statistics and key performance indicators for review and report / update HSE Board accordingly.
- Monitor all equipment etc. in use to confirm it has been properly tested and inspected in accordance Company rules and regulations.
- Act as emergency response co-ordinator and facilitate implementation & maintenance of emergency plan requirements as applicable.
- Accompany injured personnel to Doctor/Hospital and assist with the rehabilitation into the workplace on recovery.
- Participate in the risk and environmental impact assessment and planning as instructed.
- Holding HSE Certificate or diploma
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in oil & gas industry, offshore environment
- Experience of operations and in implementation of HSE key processes at the worksites (onshore, offshore)
- Developing HSE plans in accordance with regulations and specifications
- Carrying out audits and investigations and producing the subsequent reports
- Good interpersonal skills of communication, ability to negotiate, to share and promote ideas, to lead training/awareness sessions
- Creative, autonomous, flexible and adaptable
- Language : English & Portuguese