You must be REGISTERED to apply to a job offer
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by an international conglomerate to recruit a Production Head for the operations of one of its subsidiaries in Lagos
Our client is a leading long established international business in consumer goods and equipment in Africa and Europe through several areas of expertise.
To ensure all production activities and lead team in producing quality products as per applicable standards in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Will be fully responsible for all machines, equipment and staff within the department
- Set-up production and make sure all needed machines are functioning well and required materials are available before start of shift
- Follow and respect production and maintenance procedures in daily operations
- Lead a team of supervisors and operators to maximize production with the given resources at your disposal
- Solve basic mechanical and electrical faults on machines and work closely with the Maintenance Department to reduce down time
- Work closely with process and machine setters to optimize cycle time.
- Work closely with Mould department to optimize cavities and respect daily preventive maintenance.
- Liaise with Operations Manager and Maintenance department to schedule machines and moulds to optimize production
- Submit and declare all production quantities, breakdowns etc according to the data collection sheet at the close of shift to Factory Manager
- Declare inventory of all materials (neatly arranged) left at work stations at the close of work order
- Ensure team members keep and respect allocated production time i.e start to finish time
- Work in conjunction with the Quality Control department to ensure all products meet the required standards
- Will be required to present production report on daily basis during production meetings and also present action plan and follow up of previous days actions
- Keep production area tidy during working time and at close of shift
- Ensure applicable 5S methodology is applied in housekeeping and at all work areas
- Ensure team members comply with usage of applicable PPEs
- Prepare weekly duty roster according to weekly production order given by Operations Manager
- Ensure full compliance of all health and safety regulations and procedures at your department
- Perform any other duties as will be assigned by management from time to time
- Minimum of 5 years working experience based on level of education in a plastics manufacturing company
- Qualification in Mechanical and or Electrical discipline is an advantage
- Supervisory/management/leadership skills experience
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate innovative ideas/techniques in maintenance/problem solving
- Computer literate and able to write reports in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work under pressure
- Have good command of the English Language